Thursday, October 11, 2012

On Eagle's Wings







On Eagle's Wings
I realize that some days I will not be able to write a blog entry. The diet I am on for post lapband surgery is really the best for me. Like I have said before - I prayed about what to do. I have been fighting an infection near the port site (where the portal that the needle goes in to inflate or deflate the lapband is placed). This port is sewn to a muscle under my left breast. I have been on pain meds, antibiotics, etc. The last two days have sent my blood sugar on a roller coaster ride. I stayed in bed most of one day but tried to eat and stay on the program. I carefully monitored my blood sugar levels. Could it be that my body is getting used to less carbs? I am not used to eating so much and so slowly (lots of veggies). Could this be the problem?
As I napped and read, the thought of "eagles wings" kept coming to mind. I need to be "raised up on eagle's wings" every day ~ held in the palm of God's hands.
Lord Almighty, hold me up and help me from plunging into deep depression today. I want to live a new, healthy life with You. Please guide me as I go through these feelings that are brought to mind when food is the issue and when the past scars keep past hurts walled up. Set me free so that I might be of service to You, so that I can open my arms wide and love others. I know Lord that my path lies to the foot of the cross and salvation comes from Jesus and his sacrificial offering for my sins, my past, and my disfunctional life. It is through His name I pray this prayer today, Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment