Monday, May 27, 2013

God Bless America


Today, I was watching on TV soldiers coming home and people greeting them at the airport. I am so thankful for my earthly father. Even though he had over ten medals from various wars and won commendation after commendation - he always said it was an honor to serve his God and country ~ that he was just a soldier waiting for his next marching orders. It is my prayer this week that whatever "marching orders" are sent to me, I will be listening for the call and be ready to serve God with all my hearts, minds, and will.

My father was in WWII, two tours of duty in Vietnam, and served his country with destinction for over 50 years. His recent death has been difficult for me. Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, the 4th of July, for me, always involved the military aspect (having lived on base many times). It was always a time to honor and remember those who gave their lives for this country. This film takes a quiet moment to reflect...the sound track is one that most military families living on bases hear every night:

Day is done, gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills, from the sky;
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.
Fading light, dims the sight,
And a star gems the sky, gleaming bright.
From afar, drawing nigh, falls the night.
Thanks and praise, for our days,
'Neath the sun, 'neath the stars, neath the sky;
As we go, this we know, God is nigh.
Sun has set, shadows come,
Time has fled, Scouts must go to their beds
Always true to the promise that they made.
While the light fades from sight,
And the stars gleaming rays softly send,
To thy hands we our souls, Lord, commend

Memorial Day Images, Pics, Comments, Photos, Graphics
Memorial Day Pictures - Photobucket



God Bless America - Celine Dion from atimetoremember on GodTube.







No comments:

Post a Comment