Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wholly Holy


Wholly Holy
"A holy response comes from a wholly committed heart". In the Book of Numbers I read the story of Joshua who was "wholly committed to follow the Lord". The Bible mentions five more times that he wholly followed the Lord. To do this, every part of his life had to be centered on God and His holy purpose - ready to follow at any minute, with no excuse or second thought.
I am at that point in my life when it is hard to "go" anywhere in a wheelchair. I still want to be open to God's calling. If God calls me to a task, I want to respond without excuses. I am at a new stage in my life: retired, getting healthy, loosing weight, no longer a caregiver to my Dad. At times of great change Satan can sneak in. So tonight I am praying for guidance for many decisions.
"Open up before God, keep nothing back;
he'll do whatever needs to be done:
He'll validate your life in the clear light of day
and stamp you with approval at high noon.
" Psalm 37:5 (the Message version)
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)
I realize that such commitment to follow wholly - means that I must pay a price. Whatever that price is, I am sure that it cannot compare to the glory to come and the joy and peace that following Jesus on earth will bring. I am just reaching a point where the emotional barriers are coming down, and I am becoming a free person, with daily choices to make. For many years the daily choice was easy ~ die or live, drown in despair or survive, get help or give up. That battle is not as intense anymore. So many victories have been won - thanks to God's love and forgiveness. Now, there are more good days than days full of anguish. I am asking God to use me but I am not sure what His answer is for me tonight. So I will continue to work on weight loss, eating healthy, and learning how to mature as a Christian. The wholly committed life is not easy but I know the Lord will give me strength.
 
Lord, I am at a cross roads in my life. I pray that you will accept my cracked earthen vessel as your home and let me serve you wholly. Without Your love and grace, I would be nothing. Guide me day by day, for without the light of Your presence, I am blind and do not know what to do. Lord, for those who are struggling, I pray that they receive guidance and hope. Where ever you need me to go - I will go. Whatever you want me to do - I will do. With Christ as my mirror and my Savior, I pray this prayer. Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment